terça-feira, 30 de outubro de 2012

SVN old file/directory

Right, I forgot: since some stuff I'll post here will probably be useful for some unsuspecting people who may end up here, I'll write my "memoirs of a work" in a language more suitable for universal use. In other worlds, if can read this, congratulations!

Now, to the first topic: I work as a developer of a library, and I use SVN for the version controlling. So, obladi, oblada, life goes blah blah blah, something incredibly irritating while using that tool is having to delete and add files/directories manually using the tool, not the OS infrastructure. Sometimes you forget to do that, and thing go "yuck", and you discover that only when commiting the work.

The message that appears is something like:

svn: [message] is old. Or something like that. I'll update later.

I found that what worked for me is using the next command:


  • svn update -- force /path/to/file/or/dir


Followed by a manual resolve:


  • svn resolve /path/to/same/file


--Memory written--

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário